Jump to navigation Jump to search
If you're getting errors on your wiki, take a look at our collection of common problems that you might encounter.
MyWikis Self Service
- I added an extension or configuration setting, but the change isn't showing up on my wiki. What's going on?
- Most likely this has happened due to a cache not being cleared. Caches make your wiki load faster, but when changes are made, caches need to be cleared to reflect the latest changes. Try going to the page where the issue is occurring and append
?action=purgeto the end of the URL. Press "OK" when it asks you if you're sure you want to purge the page. If this still doesn't fix the issue, wait up to 8 hours for the changes to take effect. If there is no change after 24 hours, please contact us.
- I added an extension or skin, but now parts of my wiki are broken/all of the wiki is broken.
- First, try to remove the extension you just added. Most likely, there is a compatibility issue between extensions and/or skins. If you still suspect there is an underlying problem, reach out to us at mywikis.com/contact or mywikis.eu/contact.
- My module pages are displaying the code in plain text and they aren't working.
- This means you need to change the content model of that page. Visit Special:ChangeContentModel on your wiki, type in the page name, and change it from wikitext to Scribunto. If you cannot make this change, change it from wikitext to plain text, then plain text to Scribunto.
SSO (Single Sign-On)
See the SSO troubleshooting page for more details.
- The content model 'sanitized-css' is not registered on this wiki.
- This means you need to install the TemplateStyles extension on your wiki. You can do this through Self Service.
- My CSS pages are displaying the code in plain text and they aren't working.
- This means you need to change the content model of that page. Visit Special:ChangeContentModel on your wiki, type in the page name, and change it from wikitext to Sanitized CSS. If you cannot make this change, change it from wikitext to plain text, then plain text to Sanitized CSS.
Wikis with subdomains ending in mywikis.net
- Why is my wiki inaccessible sometimes?
- In 2021, we announced the deprecation of mywikis.net wikis. Our transition to the new MyWikis Cloud platform provides significant improvements in performance and reliability for wikis. As a result, we are now focusing all of our development and maintenance on MyWikis Cloud.
- Over the past two years, we have sent out multiple emails encouraging clients with wikis on mywikis.net to request an upgrade to the new Gen2 platform, which is now known as MyWikis Cloud. Responding to the email is critical because our qualified technical support team needs to analyze your wiki manually to determine whether the migration can be completed or not. This is because some wikis use extensions or modifications that are not compatible with the latest versions of MediaWiki.
- Any wikis still on mywikis.net will not receive further uptime SLA guarantees. We strongly recommend you request an upgrade to the Gen2 MyWikis Cloud platform by visiting mywikis.com/contact and creating a support request to upgrade your wiki immediately.