Data subject rights
Per the EU's GDPR and other countries' data privacy laws, data subjects have certain rights to their data. Any user of a wiki on MyWikis is considered a data subject. The rights of a data subject include:
- Right of access
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to data portability
Below is information about how MyWikis ensures rights are preserved.
Right of access
You will always have access to your data. Under most circumstances, you will be able to log in to your account and see all of your personal data in Special:Preferences without any further hurdles needed. If you have been locked out of your account or your account has been blocked by the administrators of the wiki and you cannot log in, but you wish to exercise your GDPR rights, please contact us using the instructions under #GDPR inquiries. Please note that requesting access to a locked out account without the cooperation of the wiki owners will require further identity verification. Our GDPR team has the ability to take actions to guarantee your access to data even if you have been banned by the wiki's administration.
Right to rectification
In case any personal data is incorrect, you can modify it at Special:Preferences.
Right to erasure
If you wish for your account to be erased from a wiki, please follow the below procedure:
- Go to Special:Preferences on your wiki and edit your personal data. You can easily remove all of your personal data on Special:Preferences by editing the fields containing personal data and blanking them. When you do this, they are permanently and immediately removed from the database.
- If you have an email address attached to your wiki, it is possible to remove the email address associated with your email by changing it to nothing.
- To rename your account's username, contact your wiki's administrators. Tell them to use Special:Renameuser to change it to an anonymized username.
- To wipe all mentions of your username in text, use Special:ReplaceText to replace them in the current revisions.
- If you don't want your data appearing in past revisions either, then do either of the following:
- If you simply don't want regular users on the wiki to be able to access past revisions containing your data, and blanket hiding of revision data from them is enough to satisfy your request, then tell your wiki's admins to permanently delete revisions off your wiki by having an admin with bureaucrat rights on the wiki go to Special:UserRights and assigning the designated admin the "suppressor" group. Then, they will be able to go to the history page of all affected pages, select the old revisions using the checkmark next to them, and press the "change visibility of selected revisions" button on the right side of the page.
- For a more fine-precision permanent scrub of all reference of personal data in all revisions of all pages, including past revisions, please contact our GDPR compliance team through the route prescribed in #GDPR inquiries.
- Once your account has gone through all of the above steps, please change your password in your account by going to Special:ChangePassword to something random that cannot be associated with you. Then, log out. Congratulations, your account has now been anonymized and stripped of all personal data from our systems.
Once your account is anonymized through the above procedure, other data that may be associated with your account is not considered private data. Your account must remain in the contributions history of the wiki for the wiki software to function properly. However, wiping your account from all personal data (i.e. anonymizing it) will be satisfactory to meet both software operation requirements and respecting your GDPR rights.
Right to data portability
You may download your data at any time by going to Special:Preferences and saving a copy of the webpage using a screenshot or by your browser's save as PDF/HTML option.
Right to object
We do not process any data for marketing purposes or profiling purposes. If you wish to object to your data to be used in any other way, please first follow the steps under #Right to erasure. At this point, all data that can be wiped has been wiped, and everything else is considered either outside the scope of GDPR or must remain because there are, per the GDPR law's wording, "compelling legitimate grounds" to keeping the data.
To inquire about or exercise your GDPR rights, please visit mywikis.eu/privacylaws to get started on the process.
Further GDPR information
MyWikis.eu's GDPR compliance policy, including information on where and how data is stored and processed, may be found at mywikis.eu/gdpr.